Friday, June 29, 2007

Skateboarding Dog

Sometimes to get ahead in business, you have to go out drinking with the guys. It's a tough break, especially when some one else is picking up the tab, but hey, this is your career we're talking about. And sometimes, that will result in Friday mornings where you are holding on to the corners of your desk and spending an inordinate amount of time doing things like sorting the mail, and just trying to get complete a day through the torpor of a splitting headache. And then someone sends you a YouTube Clip, a YouTube clip with the subject "Skateboarding Dog" and you are skeptical, very skeptical- in fact, you don't even open the email for some time. But then you finally pull yourself together and click on the link and watch a dog skateboard with more style and grace than you know that you could ever manage. So you begin laughing out loud. You watch the video a second time, clapping your hands over your eyes. You begin to yell at the screen, "Are you kidding me?" and "This is amazing!". In short, your mind is BLOWN. You decide to email several people in the office, including your boss, telling them just how mind-blowing the skateboarding dog is.



Of course, now that I watch this video again from the comfort of my bed on the dawn of my weekend, I'm not sure exactly what I found so enthralling seven hours ago, but I do believe that Skateboarding Dog does still have some merits, so I am sharing it with you all here.

1 comment:

jesse said...

I was going to mention how deftly the pooch avoids the curb, but then he hit it at the end. That dog stinks at skateboarding.