Tuesday, August 08, 2006

There's a Muenster at the End of this Post

Here are some lovely photographs of Muenster.




Here I am in the Muenster marketplace eating some Reibekuchen, delicious, kinda milky potato pancakes. You eat them with either powdered sugar or applesauce and in a surprising twist, I chose applesauce.

Here is Der Mann purchasing some Wurst from a stand. This later caused a bit of a fight because he was all like, "Try it, try some of this miscellaneous raw-looking meat product. Mm. Lecker." And I was like, "No." But then I introduced Der Mann and his brother to the miracle of instant hand sanitizer under the banner of American technological innovation and I was a hero again. "But where does the grease go?" he asked me.

"Away," I answered. "Into the air. Magic!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the play on There's a Monster at the End of this Book - one of the greatest children's books ever!!! Ah Grover.

-ML (they don't call me that for nothing)

J said...

You'd think the Germans would have been all over that hand sanitizer stuff ages ago. They're sliding.

Then again, there are probably no germs in Germany (oddly enough, get it, "germs"?)

Janet said...

Can you really speak German?

If the answer is yes, I am insanely jealous. If the answer is no, I'm afraid I'm still jealous.

I need a plane to take me somewhere now!

Cupcake said...

Grover Lover- we are on for this weekend. Sunday?

I don't know why the Germans aren't all over hand sanitizer except that they are often skeptical of things that seem too good to be true, whereas as an American consumer I buy them on faith.

Janet, yes, I really can speak German. I am just as surprised as you are.

Girl said...

Love the title : )