Friday, September 09, 2005

Drowning in a bullshit sea of numbers

Edithved wrote, "did you poo poo on boston already and i missed it? "

Well, first let me say that as far as I'm concerned, the City Smackdown is not about me pooping on Boston, but rather telling little stories about how fucking amazing New York City is. If you would like to draw the conclusion that Boston is the lesser city, you are free to do so. And no, I have been meaning to do a series of on little episodes I have witnessed on the subways recently, but I can't seem to get around to it.

Things have been quite busy at work these past few days as my boss has drafted me into helping with the budget planning for 2006 - 2008. Yes, the Germans, those loveable little hang-loose kinda guys, don't just like to plan for next year, they like to plan for the next three years out. So I've been compiling all sorts of numbers like year to date amount spent of business meals and then trying to annualize the number, in light of the fact we have two new hires who have been here less than two months. Are you following me? Well, it's not important except that I keep thinking I'm missing something really big and next March my Boss will say, "Why are we 25k over budget for the year in travel spending? In March??!!" Beats me. Looks like its the Days Inn for you till the next fiscal year. Say, does Greyhound run a bus from Westchester to Dusseldorf?

So, I've been busy, plus, you get into this self-defeating blog shame cycle. You stop posting. Traffic ebbs. You could post, but then you think, "Why bother? No one is reading anyway! Ah ha ha ha ha. Ah ha ha ha ha. Think I'll go have some cake."

And that is why, I'm slightly embarassed to admit, that since my last post, I've gained 40 lbs.

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

Speaking of "poo" I received this link from the Princess of Darkness this morning with no note of explanation, only a remark in the subject line that she was still drunk from last night. Not that I asked. Definition of poo

Unknown said...

Hey,lots of us read your blog. I read it every day!