Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore...

Check out this wicked awesome knit blog: Fluffa.

I don't want to work anymore. I just want to knit. All the time. This job is really getting in my way. I have been spotted recently knitting standing on the subway platform. I just want to be left alone with my yarn stash, a basic sock patten, a medium size set of dpns, a medium size circular and a stitch book. I'll emerge at Christmas time with beautiful hand knit gifts for all of you but in the mean time, I want to be left alone to roll my naked body in a pile of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

On a related note, packing is sapping my will to live. It doesn't seem to matter how many boxes I seal up, I feel like I'm not make a dent on The Stuff. Perhaps this would be a good time to consider becoming a Trappist Monk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. This entry might as well have been written in sanskrit. can you translate dpns!?

B. If i ever make it out of law school, i will single handedly keep you in business if you make everything out of cashmerino. Without you, i would have to settle for cuddling up in a pile of yarn balls. a sweater would be better.

Cupcake said...

DPNs are Double Pointed Needles, they are what I use for socks, mittens, and sometimes finishing hats.

If you check out the knit links I have added to this blog, you will see some real masters that make me look like a total dilletante. Although I have done some nice baby sweaters, I haven't really pulled off an adult sweater yet because I am unsatisfaied with my shoulder shaping and I am a lame ass finisher when it comes to seaming and blocking, but with the right patron behind me, ahem, Mondo, I could make some very nice progress...