Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Have I Mentioned that I'm Not the Sharpest Crayon in the Box?

Last week, I found myself riding to work one morning with the Princess of Darkness. Keen to show off I said, "I'm teaching myself Spanish using only the posters and advertisements in the subway. See that sign over there? It says, 'Want to loose weight?'".

"You're not even close. That says 'Looking for work?'".

"What? That's so unfair. They can't make the 'Looking for work' poster identical to the 'Want to loose weight' poster. How am I ever supposed to learn this language?"

POD just stared at me. This was on the morning after the incident at Barnes and Noble when POD had shown me some cartoons she was working on.

"I get it," I said, "But which dog is the one talking?"

"What do you mean which dog is the one talking? The one with the open mouth and the gesturing paw! Have you ever even read The New Yorker?"

"I think it would be funnier if you named one of the dogs Nancy."

No comments: