Thursday, July 14, 2005

Am I fired yet?

High praise? Or just high? The following conversation transpired between Cupcake and her Boss:

Boss: You will need to call IT [note: it is currently 10pm in Germany right now] and tell them my screen is going dark. And also we need to get more work stations up and operational as soon as possible. We've made an offer to Mr. X and we're going to be getting a rotating Credit Analyst coming in on a one month term.

Cupcake: with glee From Germany?

Boss: Yes. We're being invaded. I just need to find a place to house them. And a work station for them. And generate enough business to keep everyone busy.

Cupcake: Well, I could always use an Intern.

Boss laughs.

Cupcake: What? Is that funny?

Boss: You have your moments. They're few, but you have your moments.

Cupcake: Thanks, Boss. I feel the same way about you.

No comments: