Friday, June 17, 2005

A Tournament I could Win?

Okay, so my hypothesis proved correct. The Spelling Bee is hard-wired into our Zeitgiest. Just look at the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, or any of those hipster bars that host Spelling Bee nights. The chances of me winning first prize in a Williamsburg Spelling Bee are freakin' s-l-i-m, but I may have found a venue where I can be a contender.

According to New York Magazine, a bar in Prospect Heights recently hosted a Rock Paper Scisors Tournament to celebrate the New York Rock Paper Scisors Society Ten Year Anniversary. I tell you, this city has one of everything. I wonder what my German tutor would think about that.

PS The winning word in the 2005 National Spelling Bee was "appoggiatura". Can I have that in a sentence please?

No comments: