Monday, March 14, 2005

Everywhere you go, everywhere you look...


When do you know you have become a true New Yorker? Does this enlightenment dawn the first time an old lady gives you the finger? Or is the the first time you see something run across the kitchen floor out of the corner of you eye and find yourself wondering, "Was that a small rat or a large roach'? Well, I'd like to believe you are truly a New Yorker when you have your first Olsen Twin sighting. Today, I come to you as a veritable New Yorker, reporting that I saw one of the Olsen Twins eating brunch at Balthazar three tables down from me on Sunday. Of course the first question everyone asks is, "Was it the anorexic one?" How the hell should I know? Neither one of them is particulary large. Let's make an analogy. Say a friend of yours bumps into you and gushes, "I just saw that chick from the Simple Life!" You ask, "The dumb one?". "Yeah." Only after you walk away do you wonder, wait, were we talking about Paris or Nicole...? Posted by Hello

No comments: