Thursday, January 03, 2008

Not So Resolute


Happy New Year. There's a photo of the multi grain chocolate chip pancakes I made for myself on New Year's Day. Don't get excited - I used a mix.

My resolution this year is to write something everyday. I have been inspired by Anne Lamott's book Bird by Bird which was a gift from ChickenMama on the recommendation of Confetti Jesse. So far the new year is three days old, and that's three days of keeping my resolution. But, you know what? I've wanted to give up every goddamn day. Including the first day! I was like, well, it's New Year's Day, it's a holiday, I can take one day off. I don't know if this is a sorrier commentary on my discipline as a writer or my total overall lack of any willpower.

But - three days strong now! Note: those of you who wish to place bets on when I will fail, kindly do not use the comment section for this space.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted you to know that I bought that book that you recommended (The Blind Side) for my husband's and and my brother. I am now waiting for one of them to finish it so I can read it. Thanks again!

Cupcake said...

I'm glad the recommendation was helpful. I've given that book to my 24-year old sports-obsessed brother, my public school teacher ex-college roommate and suggested it to the accountant who sits across from me at work.

Unknown said...

I gave it to my brother in hopes that it might intrigue my sports-obsessed nephew (who doesn't read!). I saw my father-in-law over the weekend and he loved it. I actually gave a ton of books as presents this year which was a nice change.

jesse said...

good luck! (I wanted to say that in German but feel really lazy.)

J said...

You should blog more. That's a kind of writing.

jesse said...

untrue josh, untrue

Anonymous said...

Guess what I have for cupcake? Why, it's a meme!

Anonymous said...

is everything okay?