Monday, April 02, 2007

The Tears of a Clown

I have been inundating SmartyPants with Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Baily Circus Bello the Clown "Bellobration" paraphernalia. It's kind of an inside joke, see? Which is probably why SmartyPants accused me of having a hand in this:

Bello the Clown broken over lost bike

Obviously, I had nothing to do with this, not that I am above stealing a 15 inch bicycle from a busy Midtown street, but as a New Yorker, I would never stop to watch an impromptu circus act on the street- I would just assume it was a ruse for someone to pick my pocket to steal my credit card number. Bello, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, this is the big city. You can't just lean your bike up against a street sign and wander off without locking it up, even if it is a very teeny, very adorable bike.

Crime is everywhere.

Update! Bello's bike was returned. Notice that the bike was returned by a Connecticut native who found it outside a restaurant. Obviously, afterall this media attention, the wheels were too hot too fence. This makes me think the thief was not part of some well-oiled Gone in 60 Seconds gang and more like some stoned NYU kid who thought he accidentally took the pill that makes you bigger.

No comments: