Friday, March 03, 2006

Print Whore

Just today, the very day I came to the realization that this blog has recently been about quantity over quality and that it is time for me to focus and rededicate myself to content, I see this story in the Times about a software that allows you to publish your blog as a book and my my personal reserve and patience has gone shit out the window. Of course, maybe I would have learned about this sooner if I were actually reading the NY Times editions that are being sent to my house every weekend. Embarassing news to report: Last Sunday's Times is still in the blue wrapper; I am losing this war.

I am just having an impossible time trying to read all of the periodicals I want to read, and the books on my nightstand and write and hold down a full time job (despite my best efforts, I still require a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per night, otherwise I am a sugar-frosted grouch). How does anyone do it? I mean, I don't even own a TV; just imagine what an unproductive waste I would be if I had round the clock access to Law & Order.

PS New York Magazine broke my heart this week by revealing what that kid from A Bronx Tale has been up to. Here's the short answer: strip joints, heroin and getting mixed up in a cop killing.

No comments: