Saturday, January 28, 2006

Countdown

It's party day and things are rolling along here at the Muffin Tin. Guests are set to arrive in 5 hours. I've got 18 affirmative RSVPs and 8 maybes. If 20 people show up that would be great- as long as they don't all come at once.

Here's the recipe I ended up using for a Berry Frosting:

1 8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 c. raspberry perserves
3c + confectioner's sugar
red food coloring

This might have worked even better if I had strawberry juice to add, but I didn't have it. The natural color was a pale pink, so I added a red food coloring to pump up the color.

Things left to do:
1. Buy the booze and other ingredients for Sangria Punch. I'm really hoping my local supermarket has lemonade frozen concentrate, but I am doubtful... There may be an emergency alteration to the punch.

2. Make the last batch of frosting.

3. Clean the aparment.

4. Shower and dress.

5. Put out food and assemble the cupcake tower.

6. Make the Sangria.

7. Assemble playlists for party music.

Holy shit, with all that to do, why am I sitting around blogging?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

because procrastinating is more fun.

happy birthday fire captain!