Monday, November 07, 2005

Cupcake is coming to your City.


That is, if your city is Washington, DC. For this Holiday weekend* I am planning a trip to our Nation's capitol to stay with my good friend Bizzy. While I'm there, I want to see all my freinds in DC including VBeta and Lexa. Also, LeBrookski, do you think you could hit me up with Hannah's contact info? So, I was thinking what better place to meet up that DC's hot new bakery/cafe Cakelove? The chance to pay $8.50 for a slice of cake has me giddy with anticipation already. I think it would be great for my DC friends to meet each other, since you're all totally awesome women. And of course, feel free to bring your husbands/boyfriends. Because when I come into town and throw a party for myself, it just wouldn't be cupcake if I weren't the seventh wheel! Is Saturday night good for people?

Also, now that stalkers know where I plan to be on Saturday night, feel free to stop by and say "hi", but remember, taking a strand of my hair home for your Cupcake Voodoo Doll will be strongly frowned upon.

*Friday is "Hug a Mulatto Day". Just ask LeBrookski.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love nothing more than to indulge in a cupcake with you at the Love Cafe. Saturday evening is good for me. The bf has had plans for us that evening for weeks--and he never makes plans--but we can make it the best night ever and see you first.

Anonymous said...

Cupcake, I haven't seen you since we stalked you that day in Brooklyn months ago. This will be a good weekend to finally try the Love Cafe. I'm supposed to go to a potluck Sat. evening around 6. But I'll do my best to stop by the cafe at some point. If that fails, I could just meet you some other time during your DC visit. Are you working on Friday?

Cupcake said...

Yay! I'm so glad this will work. Lexa, I look forward to meeting your boyfriend (fiance?). Would Friday night work better? My train gets in at quarter to six in the evening. Then I just would need to go to Bizzy's drop my stuff, freshen up, maybe have some dinner, conceivable get to CakeLove around 8:30pm. Or would 8pm on Saturday work?

J said...

Cupcake, why are you Friendsters with Slovenia?!? That's, like, the best country ever.

Cupcake said...

Dude, I love Slovenia. I only got to hang out in Ljubljana though. I wanted to go back to the Lake Bled region, but there was no time. I was too busy schlepping my pink, frosted self all over the rest of Eastern Europe.

Maia, remember when we inadvertently [ahem] skipped out on the hotel bill? They had no idea, but they were so happy when we called from Vienna.

Anonymous said...

I think 8 pm would be fine for Saturday--but Tim (boyfriend, not fiance) is going to check to make sure what Tim our shin dig starts Saturday. Friday is out as we celebrate two lovely years together that evening.

Cupcake said...

Congratulations on the Anniversary. Beta, does 8pm on Saturday give you sufficient time to pot luck?

Anonymous said...

Don't know when you get here, Nance, but there is always lunch Sunday if that works better. They serve salads, sandwiches, etc at the Love Cafe.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sat. night is still doable for me - but i'd probably get there closer to 8:30. I'm also game for any other time while you're here since the rest of my weekend is wide open. I aim to please. Lunch Sunday is also cool. Should we set up a sub-blog called FriendsofCupcake or DCCupcakeMafiaRing to further discuss all of our plans this weekend for every hour that cupcake is in town?

Cupcake said...

No- people love reading as we iron out our plans online. That's entertainment! I don't care what time or day we go, I'm getting cake, cake, cake, cake. Lexa, why don't you email your cell phone number to me so that I have it. I think Saturday will still work, and then we'll still have Sunday to hang out, for an encore, if you will.

Anonymous said...

People love this if there are even half as nsoey as I am. ;) I emailed you, Nancy.

lebrookski said...

i will have to get hannah's info from someone else...as i don't think i have her most current contact info. but i will get on it. also october 25th is HaMD...but i suppose it's the type of holiday that should be celebrated as often as possible :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh cakelove! I would tell you to go to my salon for a fab do but I am sure Carlos is booked, have fun! My ex boyfriend owns Zucchabar if you want a free drink :)