Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Be young. Have fun. Eat platanos.


So, here's the dealy-o, LaHip escaped to Des Moines, a city whose name I once translated in my baby French as "The Least", and did not bring her Photostick, whatever that is, so she cannot send me photos of The Cakeman. So, either I'll hold off on posting about our adventure or have to do it sans photo.

Note: LaHipster requested that I remove her photo, which I gladly did. Please let me know if it is not okay to post your photo, even under your clever nom de blog. You remember Habana Outpost, "New York City's First Solar Powered Restaurant and Market", I wrote about it when the bike that powered their blender for the frozen drinks got stolen.



I thought Habana Outpost was super fun, even though I didn't order anything- I was preparing the way for massive cake indulgence. The weather was perfect as we sat outside in a concrete patio under the lights. Everyone we encountered was very chill. I still can't believe there are actually people out there who choose not to live in Brooklyn.


No comments: