Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Consumption Junction

Today the action seems to be in the comments section. I am actually touched that people care how it worked out for me with clusterfuck of a door jamb installation. That story gets resolved here.

However, this is no reason not to bore you with what I'm wasting my money on these days. I had an Amazon.com gift certificate so I bought some new CDs: Steven Page's (of the Barenaked Ladies) The Vanity Project and the new Jason Mraz Mr. A-Z. I just loaded these songs onto my MP3 player and if I had to title this mix I guess I would call it, "Songs to Make Bizzy Drive into a Tollbooth". The only thing she hates more than me playing BNL is when her boyfriend and I tag team her by singing Billy Joel, and simultaneously translating it into foreign languages. I'm pretty bad at this game, but the HappyHobo does a brilliant Downeaster Alexa in Spanish.

Last night I watched Pieces of April, which I really liked. Did you know Katie Holmes existed prior to Tom Cruise? I had no idea, but probably only because I'm one of those people who has never actually watched a show on the WB. The cast also includes Patricia Clarkson and Oliver Platt. Bonus: Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields did the music. The ending was really beautiful.

What's in my belly? Teddy Grahams-Chocolatey Chip. Amazingly, my favorite thing about them from when I was a kid continues to be my favorite thing about them today: their little pot bellies with belly button. Only today I dunk them in coffee instead of apple juice.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Pieces of April is such a great film, every wierd family quirk is explored .. and how bout that turkey prep?? Patricia Clarkson is brilliant, and you're right, the ending is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I reserve intentional major crashes for Genesis. You would be suprised to hear that I sing along with the song, "blame on me," even with the line "millie vanillie taught me to blame it on the rain..." oh god, who have I become...

Cupcake said...

Biz, notice I had to change SG's blog name from Mr. NoFork or Mr. NoSpoon. The problem is, I can never remember which utensil he forgoes. Neither one really makes sense. Good thing he's so cute. Peekaw!

Anonymous said...

So the new Mraz CD - it's worth getting? I was mildly obsessive about the last album so this is great news that there's a new one out. As you can see, I'm not that clued in on new movies, albums etc. I kind of find out about them embarassingly late. Like I JUST heard about the Bride one (Nightmare Before Xmas II) and i'm sure that's old news.
I loved Pieces of April. Glad you did too.

Cupcake said...

What is it about Jason Mraz? I also loved Witing for My Rocket to Come and Mr. A-Z is shaping up to be just as addictive.

He's playing at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center in October. I must get tickets! Do you want to come up for the show? Tix are like $35.50