Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Catherine Observes New York


"There are so many smells here. I just got a whiff of B.O. AND popcorn."

"Oh man, I have such a stomach ache. I think I drank that way too fast. moan [pause] We're still on for wings tonight, right?"

"Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Are you smelling what I'm stepping in?"

"I can't believe that girl tried to out-Diva you. She wasn't even wearing any pink!"

"I never really believed in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles until I got here. But the sewers are so big! Everytime I pass a grate, I'm whispering, 'Donatello...'"

On the Canal Street Smell:
"I don't know what you're talking about. This is great! Can we bottle this? Does Yankee Candle make a candle in this scent?"

I hope to God this was a non sequiter:
"My parents had to give the cat an enima. I think they love the cat more than they love me."

Me: "Was it just me, or was everyone at that party a couple?"
Cat: "Yeah, including that brother and sister. Yikes."

On the possibility of sharing a bed with her brother:
"Not if it were the last Tempurpedic on Earth."

Trying to eat a muffin on the subway:
"This is the Muffin Hand. I can't touch anything else with this hand. The Muffin Hand must stay clean!!"

At the karaoke party:
Cat: Everyone in this room is so smart.
Me: What the hell do you care? You're the only one with a license to carry.

Waiting on the platform for a subway:
"So, do homeless people really live down there in the tracks like they do in the movies?"

No comments: