Wednesday, June 08, 2005

How could your big day be complete without Twinkies?

The Bride and everyone should check out this Junkfood Wedding Cake. Points off for including Mini-Muffins, but double bonus points for including Hostess Sno Balls- my personal favorite as a kid (used to peel the marshmellow-coconut wrap off, eat the cake, then eat the sticky pink goodness). This is my vote for the wedding! I first saw a picture of this cake on Cake Fun, which also has a photo of Twinkie Sushi. Very cute.

2 comments:

Mary T said...

funny you should post something about weddings...

my fellow assistants were just talking weddings this morning during a morning conference call that we put on mute.

Unfortunately, it was not one of those I want to get married on the beach conversations but rather detailing every last point of her wedding she hopes to be planning next year...

I never have anything to share in conversations about weddings but
I probably would have spoken up had I known about the twinkie cake in attempts to steer the conversation away from weddings and to something more interesting like, junk food.

Really, I would rather talk about the color options of peeps and snoballs than bridesmaids dresses and flowers. I think I am a unique 20-something year old female in that respect. At least I got my cupcake.

Mel said...

Oh, Cupcake. Thanks for the sweet thoughts. I should have pointed you in the direction of the post where I discovered the beauty of Twinkies.

http://melanieheartsjoe.blogspot.com/2004/09/holy-twinkie-cake.html