Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Eyes on the Prize.

God I am so tired and unreasonably busy. Curse these productive Germans! The work just keeps coming. I don't know what is more tedious, trying to translate documents with previously undefined acronyms (shaking my fist in fury), collating two-hundred page documents by hand (so glad I got that fancy college degree for this) or answering asinine questions from my colleagues ("Nancy, how do I open a new document in Word?" !! What, did you have a stroke on your way to work this morning??) If I could just close my eyes for one minute ...

huh. wha? where am I? who has been drooling on my shirt?

All right cupcakes, chew on this while I play catch-up. Remember, identify the source of this contemporary literary quotation and win a prize:


"Jump to once a long time ago, Manus, my fiance, who dumped me, Manus Kelley, the police detective, he told me that your folks are like God because you want to know they're out there and you want them to approve of your life, still you only call them when you're in crisis and need something."

2 comments:

ka said...

that would be INvisible Monsters no?

Cupcake said...

My friends are so smart! Dude, you win the prize! Send me your mailing address, you probably don't want to post it here. Haven't finished Invisible Monsters yet, so don't tell me how it ends.