Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Are you a wiener?

Before you answer that question, are you a Wiener? Do you love all things Vienna? Some of you know I passed many happy months in that city from 2001 - 2002 and still get nostalgic pangs for alt Wien, so I was so happy to find Zoom Vienna, a photo blog of a young American Ex-Pat that features new gorgeous photos from Viennese life daily. The poster also includes lots of fun facts for you trivia nerds. Here are some of my favorite shots:

Strassenbahn

Julius Meinl, politically incorrect Viennese Icon. By the way, the Julius Meinl on Graben makes Whole Foods look like a Seven-Eleven. Have you ever been in a grocery store with carpeting and chandeliers? Didn't think so.

The Easter Display window at Cafe Demel. Everything you see in the window is edible.

Mondo, remember your roommate with the crazy Manner addiction? "Julie, put down the Manner Schnittenand walk away..."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy! you have brought an interminable (proper usage?) amount of light to my last day of studying as a 1L (ie, pure hell)! Julius Meinl is incomparable as far a lux market shopping goes. I cannot wait to hit the site and indulge in everything wien. As for the roommate w/ the Manner addiction: it is retold MANY times. For this and other innumerable reasons, my handbasket is fully decorated and ready for my deep descent.

Cupcake said...

Mondo, if you're going to go to hell you might as well go in a pretty pink handbasket. Let me know when your ordeal is over so I can prize you.