Monday, April 25, 2005

What is This Thing (Called Love)?

To the woman from the law office who shares the ladies' room on the 14th Floor with me:

At first when I heard you talking I thought that someone else had followed you into the rest room, but there was only one set of foot falls. Then when I heard the faraway man's voice, I realized you were talking on your cell phone. Not only did you expose him to your gushing urination, then tell him, "Hold on, I'm in the bathroom," (just in case he mistakenly thought you had taken a day trip to Niagra), you then went on to subject him to some (albeit ladylike) grunts before resuming your conversation about what the two of you would watch together on TV tonight.

My question for you is, is this what people mean when they talk about love? I'm just asking because I don't know.

No comments: