Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Read All About It

Today my Boss was standing at my desk discussing a request for information that he asked me to return to the sender because no one in my office could identify the transaction. Then he tossed it at me with a little too much force and it landed rather condescendingly in my lap.

"I'm sorry,' he said.

"That's okay," I said. "I'm going to write all about it in my tell-all book. 'And then the boss threw it back at me and told me to send it back...'"

"I have a witness!" he said, pointing to Der Man who likes to permanently install himself on the left hand corner of my desk for his morning coffee break. "It slid across the highly polished surface of the desk!"

"It's all about spin."

"Wait a minute, is this the book about how to knit and crochet?"

"The real dirt is going to be in the footnotes. Footnotes are very big right now."

"That sounds like a very mean craft book."

No comments: