Friday, June 02, 2006

And Speaking of Wettbewerbe

McSweeney's is having a contest, a writing contest, and the Grand Prize is a subscription to the McSweeney's Book Release Club, something I really want to join but am as yet loathe to drop a hundred bucks on. So what I'm saying is that it would be super great to win this contest. Will I win this contest? Probably not because my brain does not work in the McSweeney's fashion. So, here's what we'll do. I'll enter the contest, and you enter too. You can do it, you only have to write 1,000 words and I've suspected for a long time now that many of my readers are much better writers than I am. So you enter the contest too, and if you win, you give the prize to me. Because really, what have you done for me lately?

PS I'm leaning towards Number 4: "Write a story that ends with the following sentence: Debra brushed the sand from her blouse, took a last, wistful look at the now putrefying horse, and stepped into the hot-air balloon. "

No comments: