Thursday, January 26, 2006

Surprise!





The most amazing surprize arrived this morning! Blogfriend Kari sent a birthday package to me at the office. A while back, Kari from The Cupcake Show and I agreed to do an exchange: I would knit her some socks and she would sew me a pair of felted mittens. I sent my socks to Kari in November and I have been pleasantly waiting for my mittens. But oh, this birthday package, you would not believe! Inside was some Knitting magazines, sock yarn, cupcake decorating items, the mittens and some chocolate chip cookies she baked in cupcake liners so I can even serve them at my party. I think I will just share them around the office, though.

Some items are shown above but you'll notice there is no photo of the mittens. That is because these mittens are so amazing, I won't deign to photograph them with my crappy camera phone- they deserve the whole Kodak digital camera treatment. I'll post photos of them later.

Let me reiterate, Kari is a blogfriend, I've never actually met her and I am so touched by her sweet thoughtfulness. A thousand thanks, Kari!

3 comments:

Dawn Z(ed) said...

Before I dissapear into the haze that my weekend will (hopefully) become, I would just like to take this opportunity to wish you the happiest of birthdays!

I will do my best to uphold the glory of the cupcake when I make mine this weekend.

I shall drink a toast to you!

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD the box made it to you! I was nervous that it wouldn't, I'm happy that you like everything! I know the knitting magazines are older, but I figured they might have something you would like in them, and it is better to pass things on then throw them away I think.

I hope everyone liked the cookies! I can't quite figure out how to mail frosted items yet.

Cupcake said...

Happy Birthday to you too Dawnzzle! Do it up cupcake style.