Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh, It's On!


It's Sunday morning, I'm sitting in my bed and I'm online, baby. I'm even figuring out how to upload the photos from my digital camera. I don't even want to tell you how much time the Optimum Online guy spent at my place yesterday. At one point he said, "I'm going to need to drill a hole through your floor." Fine by me. He pulled out the biggest drill I have ever seen. If the mood had struck him to drill through my sternum, I'm fairly certain this drill could have done the job like boring a hole in a stick of butter. But that wasn't the tech guy's scene. He was so frustrated trying to set up the damn thing, he began soliciting the help of the Lord. Again, fine by me. You do what you need to do. I was about to resort to prayer myself- I had been waiting for the guy for the show up for three hours, then he arrived and spent nearly two hours at my place. I was held hostage in my apartment, unable to even take a shower. All I could think of was the 60 cupcakes I was supposed to be baking- but I hadn't gone food shopping yet.

All in all, I think the whole clusterfuck experience was worth it. Expect some changes to your regularly scheduled blogging program. But it's for the best, believe me.

2 comments:

MCMCMCLY said...

Let the fun commence! You should set up a webcam for your birthday party so those of us who live outside of NYC can experience 70 people in your 50 sq ft apartment. I'll be at the boy's next door if you need me. Does that cute guy still live there? Does he read your blog?

Cupcake said...

Yes, beautiful Rodrigo lives next door and he even offered to open his apartment, so my party could spill over into his place if need be. Of course, I don't think he really knew what he was saying, so I'm hesitant to take him up on it. He is so super great; and yet he does not read this blog. Yet.