Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Google, you have won a friend for life

The Hardest Working Woman in International .... you know the rest... have I mentioned I wear many hats here? I just got a call from a co-worker, "How do you spell agida?" Should I be flattered I'm the office lexicologist, or did he figure, hell, I'll just call the WOP at the front desk?

"Agida? I don't know," I answered. "I don't know if I've ever seen it spelled out before. Don't worry- I'll find it."

I did a Google search on "Italian-American" and "Heartburn" and it two seconds I had: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=362923

Thanks, Google!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amusing to think of how she was could have used the word in a work context. Like some kind of financial report that might give investors agida. Or a memo to a boss about why she was going home sick.