Monday, August 08, 2005

Playing Catch-Up

Today I'm blogging from my Dad's house in Rhode Island and this should give me a chance to catch-up on some things.

I'm posting this Daily Heights weekly round-up on crime in Prospect Heights from last week for two reasons: firstly, when I was moving into my new apartment I was trying to decide whether or not to get a land line installed. I was concerned that if my purse was ever stolen or I lost my cell phone or something, I wouldn't have any phone service. New Guy told me not to be ridiculous and said, this is a quote, "No one steals cell phones anymore. That just doesn't happen." That guy is always right on the money.

Secondly, it appears that we're making ourselves more succeptible victims of crime when we're outside talking on out cell phones, even if we happen to be sitting on the stoops of our own buildings at the time. Just be aware.

No comments: