Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Even Cupcakes Get the Blues

I was doing a Google search on "Cupcakes and depression" when I came across this story that included the following exchange:

I looked up from the chart. “Tell me about your addiction.”

“Well,” said Melissa, sheepishly shrugging her shoulders. “I don’t eat a perfect diet. Who does? My drug of choice is cupcakes.”

Confessions of a confirmed cupcake addict
The client went on to explain that her “drug of choice” was a famous brand of chocolate cupcake. There was no need for a dealer since she once could purchase her cupcakes at virtually any food or convenience store in the nation.

“How many cupcakes do you eat in an average day?” I asked.

“Oh, that’s easy,” she remarked. “I’ve been keeping a baseline for the past several months [...] The mean number of cupcakes I eat is 54 a day; the range is from 39 to 68.”

No comments: