Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Play's the Thing.

One of the many advantages of my job, which, by the way, is getting busier yet more rewarding by the day, is that I am offered discount theater/sports etc tickets. (If it weren't for Little Bro's graduation last weekend I could have gotten great tickets to the Subway Series at Shea Stadium! Curse you, Bachelor of Arts!).

So I just got an offer for discounted (like, $10 off) tickets for Wicked and Spamalot. The tickets are in January and February for Wicked and December and January for Spamalot. As in 2006. Holy Christ! Oh, and the ticket price for Spamalot is $107.25. Man, I've got to write me one of them there fancy Broadway musicals. If they can produce a musical based soley on the music of the Beach Boys, or ABBA, God, ABBA!!, how hard can it be? I swear, some people will pay money to see anything. Can I create an entire two act production around me making a box of Macaroni and Cheese? We could stage it in my apartment, production costs would be very low. Ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think mac and cheese has been done. maybe you could choreograph downing a can of whipped cream to music. we could call it "the dance of the redi-whip"

Cupcake said...

mac n' cheese has been done? Good God, is nothing sacred?

Rachel said...

are you a mets fan?

Cupcake said...

I'm a Sox fan, but given the choice between the Mets and the Yanks, it's a no-brainer. I think my Bro is a newly converted Mets fan. They're so likeable. I also like the Cubs. I think this trend of sticking with the losers/Underdogs has carried over into my dating life.

Rachel said...

the mets were more likeable when they had three of the best players (doc gooden, darryl strawberry and david cone) who could play consistently well despite having i.v.s of powder stuck up their noses. ah, i love the 80s.

Cupcake said...

I'd probably be a lot better at my job if I was on the Juice too, and I don't mean Gatorade.